Sunday, January 20, 2013

So.... What is This?

Well, first of all, let me start by saying thanks for looking (or for accidentally clicking on this link, however you got it) and welcome. Up front, laying it on the table, I make no promises for this thing. I am not Carrie Bradshaw--I don't spend all of my paycheck on shoes, I understand the purpose of and use a hairbrush, and I'd never be caught dead, much less on camera, in a tutu. So don't expect Sex and the City. If I rant, it's probably by something that has angered me or caught my attention as confusing. This is not a medium for relationship catharsis, and I understand this. So don't worry. No drama here.

I enjoy reading. Sometimes I think I may be one of the last few people of my generation to do so. I like everything from fluff books (yeah, those stupid vampire books I've even been known to peruse. But at least I admit it). I enjoy British literature, not a big fan of early American lit (because those people were boring to the boredom of suicide) and I read everything in between. I read at least one nonfiction a month. And I am always willing to take recommendations.

So here is where I'm talking about it. The good, the bad, when one touches me so much I want to cry, and when the only thing that makes me feel better after reading it is to throw it at the wall. I have a designated spot and everything. It's not lit crit with citations and proof. But it's not some idiot (OK, so maybe your perspective on that is different from mine) sitting behind a laptop who thinks Twilight is one of the best books ever written. Sorry, I don't mean to insult my readers this early on. But seriously. I'll give you lists of books and series that are not only better written (i.e. not written on a 3rd grade reading level) that are considerably more inventive.

Let me know what you think. What's good, what I need to improve upon. I'm doing this on the fly, without any real review, at least until I get the hang of it. So let's share books. I don't care if it's digital copy or good ol' fashioned hardback. Let's read!


No comments:

Post a Comment